Government Affairs Committee
Want to join the Government Affairs Committee? Have a Government Affairs Issue to submit?
Email the Committee here.
Oversees and coordinates the government affairs activities and programs of the association in order to execute the public policy goals and objectives of the association.
Duties and Responsibilities:
2011 Committee Members
- Recommends association policy on legislative, regulatory, and legal issues to the Board of Directors.
- Monitors and tracks government activities and issues that may have an impact on the industry. Conducts research where necessary.
- Develops personal relationships with public (municipal, county, regional, state and national) officials.
- Develops and coordinates local legislative and regulatory goals and strategies. Develops a system to prioritize issues according to their importance, ability to succeed and impact on association resources.
- Prepares regular communications regarding actions by local government for distribution to members.
- Develops and implements a system to alert members regarding pending government issues of interest to industry.
- Oversees a political action committee to raise funds to assist candidates for local office.
- Develops solutions to industry problems in cooperation with elected and appointed officials.
- Develops a political education program designed to urge members to participate in the electoral process.
- Develops programs for association meetings involving government affairs issues, including participation by leading appointed and elected officials.
- Identifies members to testify before boards, commissions and committees regarding industry issues. Also identifies members interested in serving as an appointed or elected public official.
- Acts as the liaison with state and national government affairs committees and garners support among local members for state and national initiatives.
Co-Chair: Richard Forsten, Saul Ewing, LLC - email Rich
Co-Chair: Scott Wilcox, Taylor, Whiteford and Preston, LLC - email Scott
Mark Grahne, Atlantic Homes
Fred Fortunato, Benchmark Builders
Kevin Whittaker, Whittaker Homes
Scott Bradley, Bestfield Homes
Robert Thornton, Silverstock Builders
Jim McCulley, Watershed Eco, LLC
Mary Field, Regal Builders
Rich Julian, Benchmark Builders
Don Yoos, JS Hovnanian & Sons
Michael Riemann, Becker Morgan Group
Richard Campbell, Bath, Kitchen & Tile
This page sponsored by: